Thursday, August 21, 2014

Branded review

                Branded

"Branded was a riveting and exciting dystopian read that will have you at the edge of your seat. I could not put it down and was entranced by this dark and unique world!" -Ben Alderson, Booktuber at BenjaminofTomes
"Fast paced and fun, BRANDED has something everyone will love. Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki have created a unique dystopian romance that's sure to stand out in today's market!" -Lindsay Cummings, Author of The Murder Complex "Branded is a fast paced, heart pounding and swoon worthy read that will make you fall in love with this dark and twisted world." -Sasha Alsberg, Booktuber at ABookUtopia Fifty years ago The Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society. To punish the guilty, he created the Hole, a place where sinners are branded according to their sins. Sinners are forced to live a less than human existence in deplorable conditions, under the watchful eye of guards who are ready to kill anyone who steps out of line. Now, LUST wraps around my neck like thick, blue fingers, threatening to choke the life out of me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit, and the Hole is my new home. Constant darkness. Brutal and savage violence. Excruciating pain. Every day is a fight for survival. But I won’t let them win. I will not die in the Hole. I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter. My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.



Branded was a fast paced book. I loved how Complex Lexi character is she is strong, talented, and Beautiful. This is a dystopian novel and I personally  have a hard time connecting and feeling the emotions in dystopian books but in Branded I did not have a hard time at all. I loved the plot of the seven deadly sins and the Hole. Shocking ending defiantly.Cole are boy (really are hot stuff we need) made this book better and his side kick Zeus (The Great Dane ) was my favorite character. I feared for his life more than Lexi's. Read this book. Heres one of my favorite quotes from Branded.

"From the minute she became my assignment, my job was to keep her alive. I never knew why. But I was ordered to do so and that's exactly what I did. It was professional from day one, and with every bone in my body, I fought my feelings for her- believe me, I did. But each day I was falling for this girl who loves life but doesn't know how to show it because she doesn't think she deserves to be happy. I watched her befriend a dying child. I watched her give that little girl the best days of her life before she passed away. Please tell me how the hell was I not going to fall in love with her? Without a doubt, she's the most amazing person I've ever known. So you know what? Yeah, she broke me. She weakened me. But it's the best thing that's ever happened to me... Because I have her. And that's one thing I wouldn't change. Not once I did I ever take advantage of her. Not once did I ever consider her a whore. Even deep down before I knew the truth, I knew she was innocent. Keegan, you can think what you want of me, but the truth is I'd take a bullet and sacrifice my life if it meant I would save hers."

Thx. Abi Kenter and Missy Kaliciki for writing for us readers and inspiring authors!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment